Tucson Prescription Drug Plans
Being able to properly afford the medication you need to retain your quality of life is of no small importance. But the problem is not finding coverage rather it is finding the right coverage for your needs.
Prescription drug plans provide you with practical alternatives and make managing your costs for medications less of a challenge. Headley Insurance Agency offers a range of Medicare Part D coverage options to Tucson residents that help cover the cost of your medications and ensure you benefit from maximum savings.
Choosing your Plan
You can get prescription drug coverage with a stand-alone part D plan or with a Medicare Advantage plan that includes prescription drug coverage. Medicare Part D plans cover:
- Types of drugs most commonly prescribed for Medicare beneficiaries as determined by federal standards
- Specific brand name drugs and generic drugs included in the formulary, or list of drugs
What isn’t covered by Part D:
- Drugs not on the plan formulary
- Drugs prescribed for anorexia, weight loss or weight gain
- Drugs used to promote fertility
- Erectile dysfunction drugs
- Drugs used for cosmetic purposes or hair growth
- Prescription vitamins and mineral products
- Non-prescription drugs
- Drugs received while an inpatient (these may be covered by Part A)
What Pharmacy Can I use?
- Some plans have a network of pharmacies for you to choose from, while others offer nationwide coverage
- Plans may also offer mail-order services
Residents of Tucson can consult with Headley Insurance Agency to determine which prescription drug plan meets their needs.
Sifting Through the Many Options
Comparing plans and understanding all of your options can be overwhelming. Headley Insurance Agency can examine the different coverage choices with you to ensure you choose the most appropriate and cost effective drug plan according to your needs. We work closely with Medicare beneficiaries in Tucson to review plans available, plan premiums, and plan specific drug copays.
The Advantages of Consulting with an Agent/Broker at Headley Insurance Agency include:
Help with comparing premiums
Review each of your options by comparing the varying costs for premiums that cover the drugs you need.
Calculate additional out-of-pocket expenses
Headley Insurance Agency factors in additional costs for deductibles, co-payments and co-insurance for drugs covered on each plan. We help you determine the level of coverage you need weighed against premium costs in each plan.
Review the formulary
Our experienced advisers explain the list of medications in Medicare part D and help you determine the total cost of all your prescription drugs to maximize savings.
If you have any questions about the plans that we offer or which one best fits your situation, then please feel free to contact us via phone or email.